On the last Saturday of the month (excluding August & December), Maldon & Dengie Canoe club run a pool session at the Black water leisure pool. Start time at 6pm. Play boat hire is £5. Open to non-members of all ages.
A large proportion of the Maldon & Dengie Canoe club members are also members of the Burnham Sailing Club (BSC), enabling us to use their facilities and slipway to host events.
On Wednesday evenings through the summer months the sea kayaking section will be running the following sessions from Burnham SC starting at 5; 30pm. There are a limited number of Club Sea Kayaks that can be used for these events at a charge of £5.
So that all skill levels are catered for we have designated each Wednesday as follows:-
• 1st Wednesday of the month, Beginners & experienced sea kayakers.
• 2nd Wednesday of the month, Experienced sea kayakers for distance / speed training.
• 3rd Wednesday of the month, Beginners & experienced sea kayakers.
• 4th Wednesday of the month, Experienced sea kayakers for distance / speed training
• 5th Wednesday (when appropriate) Beginners & experienced sea kayakers.
Burnham SC has agreed to allow us to invite non-members to these events, up to a maximum of five times before they are expected to join Burnham SC as kayaking or sailing member.